The building work commenced on the school in 1905 and opened for pupils in September 1906. It had just two classrooms and outside toilets, that were known as “sanitary offices”.
Prior to this, pupils were educated in a small room adjacent to the Church of St Nicholas.
In the late 1950s and early 1960s the school was expanded, a temporary classroom was constructed and the playing field was purchased.
A new teaching block of three classrooms was constructed just before the turn of the 21st Century. A library extension was added three years later, together with a new playground.
The purpose built Sports Hall, part-funded by the National Lottery, was opened in February 2006. In September of that year the village of Shabbington was added to the school’s catchment area.
The school became an Academy on June 1st 2016 and the name was changed from Ickford Combined School to simply Ickford School. At the same time, the Ickford Learning Trust was created and as a charitable trust to oversee the future of the school.